Monday, February 16, 2015

18 Bible Verses to Ecourage your Marriage

Today I'm doing  something different. I'm posting some bible verses to strengthen your marriage. These verses will help you resolve conflicts, learn to have respect for each other more, forgive your spouse easily, lean on God when you are worried, cultivate harmony, and above all help your love wax stronger. I came across it on pinterest and loved it so much that I'm inspired to share it here.

1). 1st Peter 4:8
Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.

2). Colossians 3:14
And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony.

3). Matthew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

4). Philippians 2:3
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.

5). Proverbs 12:4
A wife of noble character is her husband's crown, but she who brings shame is like rottenness in his bones.

6). Ephesians 4:31-32
Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as Christ God forgave you.

7). Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.

8). Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

9). Proverbs 24:29
Do not say, "I'll do to him as he has done to me; I'll pay that man back for what he did."

10). Philippians 2:2
Then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose.

11). Romans 12:16
Live in harmony with each other. Don't  be too proud to enjoy the company of ordinary people. And don't think you know it all.

12). Proverbs 15:1
A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

13). Ephesians 4:26
Be angry and do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger.

14). Ephesians 4:29
Let no corrupting talk come our of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

15). Ecclesiastes 4:12
Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not easily broken.

16). 1st Peter 3:7
Husbands in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers.

17). 1st Corinthians 13:11
When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. But when I grew up, I put childish things away.

18). 1st John 1:19
We love because He first loved us.

The word of God makes all the difference!




2 comments: